Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

My favorite words!

I'm going to start making Friday as a day where I post my favorite phrases and quotes! So here is the first one (which it's more of a paragraph) but I really like how Timothy Keller puts this!


     “. Self-centeredness makes everything else a means to an end. And that end, that nonnegotiable, is whatever I want and whatever I like, my interests over theirs. I’ll have fun with people, I’ll talk with people, but in the end everything orbits around me.
If everyone is saying, “No, you orbit around me!” what happens? Picture five people, ten people, a hundred people on a stage together, and every one of them wants to be the center. They all just stand there and say to the others, “You move around me.” And nobody gets anywhere; the dance becomes hazardous, if not impossible.


             "The Trinity is utterly different. Instead of self-centeredness, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are characterized in their very essence by mutually self-giving love. No person in the Trinity insists that the others revolve around him; rather each of them voluntarily circles and orbits around the others.”

Excerpt From: Keller, Timothy. “Jesus the King.” PENGUIN group, 2010-12-28. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewBook?id=40360349


 Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment