Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fried Apple Rings

 

     In case you're wondering,which I'm positive you are, these are Fried Apple Rings. And yes,  they taste AMAZING. The name pretty much says it all, but it's basically a small deep fried, apple pie, dipped in sugar, need I say more? I found the recipe on pinterest a while back, and I've wanted to make them ever since.  The oringinal recipe wasn't very hard but  I went and modified it a little bit, so here's my version.

Ingredients:

4 Large Apples
2 Cups of Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
4 Tablespoons of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 Large egg
1 Cup Buttermilk (This actually turned out to be way too much buttermilk, But I couldn't find a way to make it smaller because of the Egg to buttermilk ratio)
Oil for Frying- I used cocnut oil because we were out of vegatable oil, plus it's healthier. But who is really going to be concerned about being healthy when we are talking about deep fried, sugary, goodness? ;)
  You will also need additional Cinnamon and sugar for the topping.

Instuctions:

1. Start off by cutting the apples into slices and then cutting out the middle.


2. Next mix up the Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, Salt, and Cinnamon in one bowl, and then the egg and buttermilk in another.
3. By this point you'll want to start heating up the oil.
4. While the oil is heating up, start coating some of the apple rings in the egg mixture and then the flour mixture.



5. Once the oil is heated to a good temperature, start putting the flour-coated apple rings into the oil.
6. Now you should start mixing together the extra cinnamon and sugar.
7. Once the rings in the oil are brown on one side flip over for the other side.


8. When the rings are brown on both sides, take out of oil and let drain on a plate of paper towels.
9. While they are still hot, dip in cinnamon and sugar and coat the whole ring.
10. Repeat until all the rings are fried.
11.Now this is the most important step of all! Make sure you actually get to eat one, this step is so very important and my personal favorite.



My famly thought they were so good that they were gone in no time. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment